Thursday, February 23, 2006

free.

"If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be travelling on, now,
'Cause there's too many places I've got to see.
But, if I stayed here with you, girl,
Things just couldn't be the same.
'Cause I'm as free as a bird now,
And this bird you can not change.
Lord knows, I can't change.

Bye, bye, its been a sweet love.
Though this feeling I can't change.
But please don't take it badly,
'Cause Lord knows I'm to blame.
But, if I stayed here with you girl,
Things just couldn't be the same.
Cause I'm as free as a bird now,
And this bird you'll never change.
And this bird you can not change.
Lord knows, I can't change.
Lord help me, I can't change."

quite amazing how a band captures
a situation or moment as parallel to
an uncanny emotion as love
for the idea of "home"; like its an experience
from a very beautiful woman gone or left by..
a metaphor that courts even writers of godly myths.
i just woke up to the damned news today,
i listened to this and i told myself...
shit, a hangover can be such an inspiration right now.

("freebird" lyrics by lynyrd skynrd; for the politics
of the philippine nation and its government)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home